HERE’S THIS IT’S PAID AND AT PRINCETON UNI PRESS IN OXFORD!! I’m just gonna copy and paste what the lovely Lucy over there has sent me because she explains it better. Deadline 5th January!
Three month paid publicity internship at Princeton University Press (full-time)
Location: Woodstock, near Oxford
Deadline: Friday 5th January 2018
About the role
Princeton University Press’s European office is looking for someone to join our small but busy office in the publicity department, seeking out publicity for trade, academic trade and academic books across a range of subject areas. The candidate will be enthusiastic, well-organized and proactive. This is a busy and varied role, and will be a paid, full-time internship. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Key tasks will include:
· Responding to review copy requests from journalists and book review editors
· Scanning and logging reviews
· Updating and maintaining the publicity database
· Sending out books and press releases for each season’s list of titles
· Preparation of marketing flyers using InDesign
· Attending publicity and editorial meetings
· Internet research
· Attending local author events and other events, if appropriate
· Binding manuscripts, on occasion
· Organising the post and collection/ delivery of books by courier
· Other projects, such as preparing material for the Bookseller Buyer’s Guide, if required
· Assisting with catalogue mailing and responding to review copy requests which result
· Assisting with academic conference organisation and logistics
· Assisting with textbook marketing: research and evaluation for PUP textbook marketing team and processing European inspection copy requests.
1. Must possess excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritise and multitask.
2. Must be accurate with attention to detail.
3. Must be a proficient user of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of InDesign beneficial. Experience with database work preferred.
4. Must be able to handle/meet deadlines, sometimes in busy situations.
5. Must possess good interpersonal skills.
The main offices of Princeton University Press are in Princeton, New Jersey. PUP Europe is based in Woodstock outside Oxford. It is a small office comprising editorial staff, the International Rights Department, and the European publicity team.
Princeton University Press is an independent publisher with close connections, both formal and informal, to Princeton University. Our fundamental mission is to disseminate scholarship (through print and digital media) both within academia and to society at large.
Salary: £8.50 an hour
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to Caroline Priday at email@example.com by Friday 5th January 2018.