welcome back to another episode of jobs & internships from pubinterns!!
let’s get the ball rolling
Editorial @ SAGE (Paid, BAME)
Working within the Editorial department, to assist on tasks across the range of our publishing programme, including:
Maintaining accurate information on our database about books and authors under contract;
Checking manuscripts and preparing them for handover to the Production Department;
Getting book proposals and manuscripts reviewed by lecturers teaching relevant courses;
Helping to clear permissions for third party content in our manuscripts.
Undertaking research on courses, competitors, and the industry;
Writing decline letters for unsuitable projects;
Providing information for colleagues within Editorial and other departments
Fresh Chapters 12 Month Traineeship @ Hachette and RARE (BAME) (aaaah)
- Recent graduates will work with an Hachette publisher for one year as part of the programme.
- The programme will include a six month placement in an editorial department where you will be able to have a real creative input. The remaining six months with be spent with another department at Hachette/one of Hachette’s individual publishers.
- This programme is aimed at students from BAME backgrounds (Black, Asian or ethnic minority backgrounds) who are underrepresented in the publishing industry.
- Candidates are paid £20,000 per annum.
- Successful candidates will start work in September 2017 and so this opportunity is ideally suited to recent grads or final year students.
Fresh Chapters 8 week internship @ Hachette and RARE (BAME) (aaaah x2)
- The internship is 8 weeks long.
- Interns will ideally start work in April 2017 and so this opportunity is ideally suited to recent grads looking to gain experience.
- All interns are paid the London Living Wage for the duration of the programme.
Production Assistant @ Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Working closely with freelance typesetters
- Adding text corrections to InDesign files on a range of new and reprint titles
- Aiding the department with press checks
- Placing print orders and obtaining quotes
- Sending press-ready files to our printers
- Liaising with editorial, design, marketing and external suppliers
- Checking and distributing advances and office copies
- Ad-hoc administrative duties
Send CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 27/2 – early applications prioritised
Treasury Assistant Finance @ Hachette (Didcot, Oxford)
The ideal candidate will have some finance or treasury experience with knowledge and experience of a reputable financial system (ideally SAP). This role relies on accurate payments and processing so a great attention to detail with a high level of accuracy is a must. You’ll be using Excel to operate spreadsheets at a highly proficient level too, so you’ll have solid experience with Microsoft Office.
Cvs & cover letters with salary details to: email@example.com
Closing date: 20/2
Editorial Assistant @ Alma Books
The team is responsible for stock management, reprints and supply chain logistics for Cornerstone, Ebury and Vintage. You will be the first point of contact for specified key customer accounts, managing the administration for these accounts. This involves working closely with the Inventory Managers to process and track orders, dealing with financial queries and analysing sales figures.
This role calls for a confident, numerate and highly efficient individual with strong communication skills. The ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure is essential, as is a professional manner and a ‘can do’ attitude. Strong MS Office experience is vital, particularly intermediate to advanced Excel, and experience of working within an office environment is highly desirable.
Closing date: 15/2