hope you all got an extra hour of sleep last night… i did not. and suddenly it’s sunday again and it’s jobs time!! (but omg it’s so dark outside and it’s only 5pm).
DK’s International Publishing & Licensing team are seeking an enthusiastic and well-organised Translations and International Sales Assistant with native-level French and fluency in Spanish and English to work in their London office. You will provide full administrative support to the Translations and International Sales teams as well as overseeing the French translations they commission.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- liaising with internal departments and translators
- raising POs, drafting contracts and associated admin
- keeping various internal databases up-to-date
- overseeing the translation process from start-to-finish and resolving any problems that arise along the way
Whilst providing support to the Translations and International Sales teams, you will have the opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of DK’s international business and publishing lists.
You must have native-level French, with fluent written and spoken Spanish and English. You will also have an excellent attention to detail, be able to prioritise a varied and demanding workload and resolve problems with a proactive approach. The ideal candidate will have previous office experience and an understanding of translation processes. A translations related qualification would be an advantage.
Closing date: 4/11
Marketing Assistant @ Boardworks (Oxford)
If you’re passionate about writing, interested in educational publishing and motivated to work across UK and international markets, you might be the ideal fit for Boardworks’ marketing team.
Boardworks is an Oxford-based educational publisher which produces innovative teaching software for schools in the UK and worldwide, and now Doddle, an online teaching, homework and assessment resource. They’re currently looking for a creative, motivated person to join their team as a Marketing Assistant.
A hugely varied role, as a Marketing Assistant you will have the opportunity to develop their brands through projects such as:
• writing copy for email, web, direct mail and social media channels;
• organising a variety of events;
• managing our marketing websites through content management systems.
You will have excellent communication skills, first-rate copy-writing ability and will relish working on multiple projects to tight deadlines. A hard-working team player with a flexible attitude, very high standards and a keen eye for detail, you will possess an excellent academic track record.
This is an ideal first role in publishing and a very exciting chance to join our busy, creative team with good opportunities for progression.
CVs and covering letter to Claire Gilbert, email@example.com
Closing date: 30/10 (which is today, so go go go)
Editorial Assistant @ Policy Press (University of Bristol)
- Fulfilment: sending co-edition files, making sure translation files are back on time, liaising between internal departments, design / production and customers, follow-up schedules and payments are made on time and according to contract terms
- General admin support: sending submission material and letters / contracts / requesting tax forms, keeping accurate and up-to-date records
- Managing the department during bookfairs
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, InDesign, professional Adobe / PDF reader would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of one or two foreign languages would be preferred
- Some understanding of printing processes and production would be useful
Also no details on how to apply, so again, assumption here is CVs and Cover Letter to Aude Lavielle-Konidaris, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: nope, not one of these either, BUT start date is specified as 21st November, so i assume the closing date is before then.