I’m actually on time this week… it’s a miracle!!!!!
Tons of jobs this week which is very exciting! Also, last week’s ones, so yeah, look at them.
Children’s Editorial Assistant @ Bonnier Zaffre
The Children’s Editorial Assistant’s specific responsibilities include:
- Track progress of all author contracts, organise countersignature and send to the royalties team
- Ensure all invoices are signed off appropriately, prompt signatures and chase invoice when necessary
- Schedule weekly/ monthly meetings and take clear and concise minutes throughout
- Managing advance author copies
- Assist with book fair arrangements
- Manage and be the first point of contact for unsolicited submissions
- General administrative duties as and when required
- Liaise with US publishers to obtain final text files to either offset or typeset from
- Brief typesetters such as Easypress and Palimpsest, and designers on creating text files for our own editions
- Schedule freelance copyeditors and proof-readers to work on selected authors’ titles and ensure all corrections have been made and have been approved by the author(s)
- Prompt typesetters to generate epub files for scheduled titles
- Oversee the progression of covers, ensuring all details are appearing correctly and that the cover has been shared with the author and the rest of the team for feedback, before it goes to print.
- Using info provided by editors, generate a P&L document on biblio to include with an offer for a new series/title.
- Create new works and editions on biblio, and managing info and author content on Biblio
- Overseeing the progression and development of selected authors’ books, ensuring they are kept on schedule for publication
- Reading and considering submissions from author/agents for editorial meetings
- Assisting the relevant commissioning editors in writing cover briefs, cover copy and advance information sheets for selected titles
- Assisting commissioning editor in preparing for regular meetings with the sales, marketing and publicity teams
Previous experience within a similar role would be an advantage. EARLY APPLICATIONS PRIORITISED, SO JUST APPLY TODAY OKAY?
CVs, covering letter and current salary details to Jodie Groves (Jodie.email@example.com).
Closing date: I can’t find one. So imagine it’s today.
International Sales Assistant (Spanish) @ DK (I would SO apply for this)
Responsibilities will include: liaising with internal departments and customers, drafting contracts, sending materials to our publishing partners, invoicing, maintaining forecasting systems and databases, tracking titles through the production process and resolving any problems that arise. Whilst providing support for Sales Managers, the Assistant will have the opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of the DK business and publishing list.
The candidate must be sales-oriented and fluent in spoken and written Spanish. Knowledge of another language would be an advantage. The candidate must have initiative, strong organisational and interpersonal skills, be motivated by the challenges of a sales environment and have a desire to develop a career within sales. The candidate must be willing to travel if required.
Apply through the link!!!
Closing date: 25/10
Non Trade Sales Assistant @ Penguin Random House
12 WEEK CONTRACT! So if you’re looking for temp work, this is pretty perfect.
Reporting into the Key Account Manager / Sales Manager, your main responsibilities will include supporting the Non Trade Sales team with their administration where necessary; chasing and reporting; assisting in pitches by gathering samples for presentations; smaller order processing; assisting in research of new customer contacts; and fulfilling customer documentation requests.
There will also be an element of customer support in this role, with responsibilities that include reserving stock; liaising with the Value Added team on stickering, shrink-wrapping, specific customer labels etc; processing orders; raising Non Trade ISBNs; booking deliveries in where necessary; liaising with the customer services team to ensure deliveries dates are confirmed; and assisting with various Direct Delivery Customers.
The most important skills needed for this role are a can-do attitude, strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail and excellent communication skills. You should also have a solid understanding and experience of using Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
Closing date: 21/10
Marketing Assistant @ Intellect Ltd. (Bristol)
The ideal candidate will be extremely efficient, with excellent administrative and computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint is desirable). They will also have a keen eye for detail, and a thorough grasp of grammar and spelling is essential. The ability to balance a busy and varied workload, embracing online and social media activities and being an enthusiastic team player who wants to excel are also important. Previous experience in a publishing environment, ideally in editorial, would be advantageous. The successful candidate will be organised and a quick learner as well as a passionate reader.
CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20/10
HR Assistant @ Hachette UK
This is an exciting position supporting an HR Director and alongside an HR Adviser working across several divisions of the Hachette UK Group to provide a timely, efficient and friendly HR service to several hundred employees across Orion, Little, Brown, Hodder Education and some group commercial functions in our new London Blackfriars offices.
This will be a busy and varied role with a wide range of administrative responsibilities. You will be responsible for updating systems, generating contracts, dealing with recruitment, absence, pensions admin, payroll processing, updating the website and managing our social media presence. You will provide a key point of contact for the business, and offer basic guidance on HR policy and process.
For the right candidate there is considerable scope for development, including sponsorship for professional CIPD qualifications, and the opportunity to be involved in a range of projects. Internal progression is very much encouraged – previous incumbents of this role now hold senior positions in the team.
They are looking for someone with strong office admin experience with a clear and demonstrable interest in building a career in HR. You will be organised, proactive and with the confidence and communication skills required to liaise with staff at all levels, as well as customer-focused and highly numerate, with a meticulous eye for detail.
CVs, Cover Letters, and salary details to email@example.com
Closing date: I can’t see it anywhere. shrugs.
Production Assistant @ Hachette Children’s Group
This is an ideal starter position providing the opportunity to learn the basics of Production within an open-plan, friendly but demanding office environment. The role will involve ordering and processing our fiction and picture book reprints from suppliers all over the world. You will be supporting the team working on our e-books, and will take on other important administrative tasks.
Experience with Excel would be an advantage and good organisational skills are crucial.
CVs, Cover Letters, and salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 1/11
Contracts Assistant @ Bloomsbury
• Contract Administration: including management of internal signing, necessary filing of the fully executed contract and notifying relevant internal departments of payments due
• Maintaining accurate and accessible database of contract boilerplates, contractual procedures and guidance documents to ensure the effective running of the Contracts Department
• Drafting: Drafting contracts including addenda, letters of termination with the opportunity to draft head contracts once appropriate experience is gained
• Project Management: Liaising with literary agents, authors and proprietors to agree terms to enable publication of eBook editions of backlist titles
• General Duties: Responding to general queries from internal departments and external counterparts regarding contractual terms and processes for all Bloomsbury imprints on a global scale.
• Processing reversion requests: including careful analysis of sales figures and stock levels, and communicating with Editorial and Sales teams to reach a decision
Skills, knowledge, experience required
• Good administrative and organisation skills
• Proven experience in Contracts Administration
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise effectively
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels
• Ability to carefully research and solve queries
CVs and covering letter, including current salary details to Julia Thomson, at email@example.com.
Closing date: 24/10
yay get applying woo hoo gr8