Lots of lovely jobs this week – strap in folks!
Publishing and Editorial Assistant @ Class Publishing (Bridgewater)
The role is to assist the Publisher and Commissioning Editor in the effective management of all Bloomsbury T&T Clark print and electronic products, throughout the publication process. This includes:
• Maintaining close contact with authors to ensure timely delivery of manuscripts
• Acting as the main point of contact for author queries, resolving problems and answering questions promptly and accurately
• Preparing and organising author contracts
• Preparing and briefing manuscripts for production
• Clearing third-party permissions
• Writing and editing marketing and back cover copy
• Briefing cover designs
• Creating and maintaining accurate title records on internal Bloomsbury databases
• Assisting with the development of new book projects by conducting market research
• Additional administrative duties, as required
The successful candidate, educated to degree level, will:
- Be a creative self-starter with a proven love of children’s books
- Be a rigorous and exacting proofreader
- Have perfect written and spoken English
- Have an intuitive visual sense and an eye for design
- Have the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have strong organisational and administrative skills – one year’s experience in publishing would be an advantage
- Be Mac literate with the ability to pick up new software skills quickly – a knowledge of Biblio, Vista and InDesign would be an advantage
Cvs and Cover Letters to Libby Hamilton, editorial director of picture books at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 7/10
Production Assistant @ Pan Macmillan
Your role will involve co-ordinating the production of a wide range of hardback and paperback titles, both frontlist and backlist. Assisting the Production Manager and liaising with a variety of internal and external contacts you will ensure that every project is produced on time, within budget, and above all, is of the highest quality. You will manage titles through from conception to completion, costing, planning and monitoring their progress throughout.
You will devise and negotiate detailed production schedules and juggle several projects at once and some experience of print production would be a benefit. Excellent time management, an ability to work well under pressure and good communication skills are essential for this role. Applicants must be self-motivated, highly numerate and demonstrate solid IT skills with an understanding of print and reprographic processes.
Cvs and Cover Letters confirming your current salary and quoting reference PAN/038/16 via email: email@example.com.
Closing date: 5/10
Research Assistant @ Taylor and Francis (Oxfordshire)
The Research Assistant will support the work of the Analysts, Managers and Department Director as well as working on their own projects as their experience grows. Reporting areas include, but are not limited to, electronic usage, sales, citations and Impact Factors, market share, competitor intelligence and stakeholder surveys.
- Gathering of both numerical and factual data from internal and external sources.
- Checking accuracy of data across multiple reports and systems.
- Cleansing, manipulation and analysis of data using Excel, Access, SPSS and internal reporting systems.
- Compiling and presenting reports, based on gathered data, including tables, charts and commentary as appropriate.
- Building online surveys and sending out survey invites.
- Running monthly reports.
- Maintaining master data and department keys.
- Answering reporting queries from the business.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry and competitor developments.
- Assisting other members of the department in providing training and support to internal colleagues.
The role would suit a candidate with a logical mind and a keen head for figures. Ideally mathematical/statistical work experinece or exposure as part of a dissertation or research project, would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will possess a high level of attention to detail, along with analytical and problem solving expertise, and strong communication skills. The candidate will also have good IT skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to learn new techniques and adapt to new software. Experience of Microsoft Excel would be especially advantageous.
Experience working with surveys, and/or manipulating and analysing secondary data sources such as citations, usage or sales data would be advantageous as would knowledge of the academic publishing industry.
Apply through the link!
Closing date: 6/10
And that’s your lot!