Hi friends!! Time for another weekly round of internships!!
As usual, a couple from last week are still open, so go look at those (because they close pretty soon so get on it guyz).
Two awesome internships this week:
First, from our friends at Blackbird Digital Books, who are looking for a Marketing Intern.
Update: this is now closed!
They are looking for someone innovative and creative who has great ideas for how their book, Moondance by Diane Chandler can reach a wider audience. Some specific tasks involved are:
– Contacting book bloggers and Youtubers to offer review copies
– Tweeting journalists with a pitch
– Contacting online magazines who run a book club/book feature
– Monitoring any new reviews that come in and posting review graphic on social media
– Pitching to independent bookshops via email
– Helping with the book launch party in west London
This is a very flexible position as you are able to work remotely from home. You will need to be within commuting distance of London for occasional meetings. Travel expenses will be paid.
It lasts for 9 weeks and unfortunately is unpaid, but Blackbird assures that all their previous interns have moved onto full-time jobs!!
Start date is week beginning 12th September (though this is flexible).
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, please contact editor Stephanie Zia at email@example.com with all the reasons why you’d be perfect. Originality and enthusiasm are more important than academic qualifications. Do look at the link above for the full spec.
Operations Intern @ HQ (Harper Collins)
HQ are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Intern to support the Editorial and Publishing Operations team for 3 months. The successful candidate will support the Editors and Operations team with the smooth day to day running of the division, tackling a variety of essential tasks.
- Proof checking
- Divisional metadata and retailer queries
- Retailer metadata audits
- eBook and digital quality analysis
- AI maintenance and checking
- Processing invoices
- Cover image sourcing and loading
- Managing the e-sample process with marketing and production
- Looking after critical path for digital list
- Scheduling new records
- Updating records according to product changes
- Running metadata and procedural reports
- Social media campaigns and support
- Graduate level or equivalent
- Organisation experience with a high level of computer literacy
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Effective multi-tasker with meticulous attention to detail
- Reliable with ability to use own initiative
- Excellent time-management skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Excellent command of English language and excellent writing skills
- Advanced MS Word; Excel; Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Team player
- Genuine interest in the publishing industry
Deadline for applications is 21st September 2016. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and those are this week’s internships! Do keep checking our Twitter for more updates!!!